guiden vår Sigurd viste oss korleis breen har endra seg dei siste tusen åra, det var ganske utrulig å sjå!
(we arrived Bondhusdalen, Kvinnherad wednesday at ten pm, and were there until the afternoon. It was rainy and quite freezing, but still we had a great fieldtrip with some great people! Our guide, Sigurd, showed us how the glacier has changed throughout the last thousands of years, that was quite amazing to see! )
The glacier in 1907, picture taken by H.Abel/ Kvinnherad kommune, here you can see the "arm" of the glacier is almost going all the way down to the water (Bondhusvatnet)
The glacier today! Picture taken with my cellphone. Quite amazing to see how little it is after only hundred years!
Eg møtte ei hindring allerede då eg kom utav bilen og skulle kle på meg, eg hadde sjølvsagt tatt med meg regnbuksa som eg brukte då eg var 12 år sånn cirka, så den passa jo akkurat (.....not...)
Bildebevis:
(I met first obstacle already when I got out of the car and were about to get dressed! Of course I had brought my rain-pants which I last wore when I was about 12!! So that one fitted exactly as it should....!! (...not...)
Picture proof:
Looking good, yeah? :) :)
På veien til breen, viste Sigurd oss ei lito hula, der vi måtte krypa inn mellom ein veldig smal passasje, iallefall for smultring-jento så føltes han smal (...) og når vi kom inn, hadde gutta boys tent telys og gjort da så koslig, eg var glad eg tok kakao med, da blei stemningsfullt!! Desverre så knuste eg kameraet mitt på vei ned i hulo, og mista mobiltlf, men den fant eg heldigvis igjen! (da var ikkje dekning der nede, så eg kunne faktisk ikkje ringa te han for å finna han nei....) og når da kommer te kameraet, så var da nok skjebnen at da knuste, sio eg ønsker meg nytt!!! :) :) :)
On our way to the glacier, Sigurd showed us a little cave. We had to crawl into a very small passage to get in there, or at least it felt very small for the donut-chick....!! ;) but when we got in there, the boys had lighted up some candles and made it very cosy! I was so happy that I brought som hot choccolate!! Unfortunately I destroyed my camera and lost my cellphone as well when I climbed down there. Luckily I found my cell, when it comes to the camera- well well! I wanted a new one anyway!! :) :)
Pictures from the cave:
Sigurd, the guide and our teacher, on is way into the little cave!
The donut-chick on her way into the cave!! It was really narrow!! hmm..narrowed? well, u understand . No more donuts!
Inside the cave, here with the spotlight on! It was much darker! (picture: Karl gunnar Severinsen)
Look how cozy!!
(picture: Karl Gunnar severinsen)
It really was a great trip!!! Thank you Sigurd, for being a great guide! And thanx to my classmates for being great company ;)
Some more of the beautiful pictures taken by Karl Gunnar:
Pictures taken by me for my assignment:

2 kommentarer:
Yes but the donut bird still looks hot!! I'm sure Roar will agree with me on that one....By the way loved the blog can't believe how much smaller the Fjord has shrunk, frightening!!
I know, when you guys come to Norway, we should go over the glacier "Folgefonna", they arrange guided tours all summer. :)
From now on, I`ll try to write my blog in english as well! So u and Anthony can be updated as well :)
Legg inn en kommentar